Everyone has heard stories about random chest pain that their friends, family members, and co-workers have experienced. But when it happens to you, you may have to search for an ER near me to seek treatment since none of those stories prepared you for what you’re feeling!
Although we can’t advise when your chest pain is just acid reflux, which can sometimes be managed with at-home care, or a more serious condition such as a heart attack, which would require immediate care from an emergency center in Baytown, we hope the following information provides some insights to help you make an informed decision about your health.
1. Acid reflux – also called gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) — can be treated through diagnostic testing and medications.
2. Cyclic or non-cyclic breast pain can either be caused by a woman’s period or excessive stress in any gender – and can most commonly treated with a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug like Motrin.
3. Asthma is more than just a breathing problem – it can create chest pain which may require diagnostic testing to treat the disruptive symptoms.
4. Panic attacks are often accompanied with shortness of breath and a tightness in the chest – because they can be confused with the symptoms of a heart attack, urgent care in Baytown is recommended.
5. Pneumonia causes the sacs of your lungs to fill with fluid which can not only impair a patient’s ability to breath – but it causes chest pain, as well.
6. A collapsed lung does not typically happen without a previous diagnosis of COPD or chest injury, it does require immediate care from an ER in Baytown to determine the severity of your collapsed lung.
7. Angina – which is a tight feeling in the chest, shoulders, arms, neck, jaw, or back – can often be an early sign of heart disease and requires immediate diagnosis and treatment.
8. Pulmonary embolisms occur quickly and create a blockage in your pulmonary artery in your lung – most typically from a blood clot – and are life-threatening if not treated with emergency medical intervention.
9. Heart attacks – the scariest of all chest-related conditions – is the most dangerous of everything mentioned thus far, and is without doubt considered a life-threatening emergency.
Remember, minutes can make the difference in saving a life when searching for Baytown emergency care. Why not take time to place relevant contact information for your nearest Altus Emergency Center in your phone directory right now?