10 Things You DON’T Want to Do When You Are Injured
When you are injured, there are a lot of things that you should avoid in order to keep from incurring further damage. Altus Emergency Room in Baytown knows the importance of rest, so here are some things not to do so you avoid a visit to an ER near you.
- Google everything that can go wrong with your injury. This can end up making you worry more instead of easing your worry.
- Increase the amount of dairy products you consume so that your bones have more calcium.
- Try to reverse the effects of your increased dairy consumption by eating an all-bran diet.
- Seek medical advice from friends and family who are not medical professionals. They can also do more harm than good by providing misinformation.
- Try to take care of your injury yourself with household items. This can be dangerous and results in having to visit an urgent care in Baytown, TX.
- Get a massage thinking that it will heal your injury immediately. If you do decide to get a massage, make sure it is from a medical professional or someone that knows how to massage your injured area.
- Use Icy/Hot on areas that you will have to actively use within 10 minutes of application. Moving an area that is covered in this topical cream could result in a bit of discomfort.
- Post about your injury on sites that are non-professional. You may get a lot of misinformation and weird people may attempt to contact you.
Visit the beach in an attempt for ocean water or sand to help with your injury. A more proper suggestion would be to stay in bed and elevate your injured appendage.
- Lie to family members about the extent of your injuries. This is especially true if they could easily find out from other sources exactly how much you are suffering.
Always remember that if you are experiencing a medical emergency to visit in emergency room near you for immediate care from train professionals that can help diagnose and treat your injury or illness.